Sunday, April 15, 2007

the game

I've been rather preoccupied. What with work, house-hunting, church-hunting, bridal packages and lots of other related decisions, there's not much time for other things. I'll try to post a primer of important and useful information on each topic as we clear the hurdles, but for now we are just starting the steeplechase.

Nevertheless, it's important not to let the future crowd out the present. So we had a really good game of tennis today, possibly one of the best ever with just the right weather and people. Last night, we gorged on home-cooked steaks.

And next week, we're gearing up for The Casino Royale Game. Touted as Da Vinci Code meets Amazing Race, it will run from Saturday overnight till Sunday. What better way to get to know friends and fiance better, than to spend the night driving round the island chasing up brainteasers.

How the entire team got together is really pretty random, but having met everyone last night I'm sure we're in for a whale of a time. We might actually stand a pretty good chance, provided we don't get sidetracked by our stomachs and the lure of roadside delicacies. If diversity is a strength, we're pretty strong. With a lawyer, a cryptographer, a marketeer, an academic/administrator and me for the monkey work; with combined education on four continents; and a ton of extraneous useless knowledge from literature to indie music to cooking recipes and knowledge of the best eating places on the island (see where the danger lies), I'm sure it will be non-stop nonsense all through the night.

1 comment:

Shem said...

hey andrew! hope did you find out about the Casino Royale game? I was supposed to join too with becky and her friends but had to cancel it cuz of church. My camp friend told me about it cuz his friend is the organiser.