Thursday, March 20, 2008

hdb dwelling

It's been about 2 months since the wedding, and while I've been busy, I guess the main reason I stopped blogging is because I lost the habit. So here's a start.

Just over a year ago, we were deciding between living in a HDB or Condo. As usual I approached the issue in a very pragmatic way, also received lots of helpful advice from readers. So now we are living comfortably in a tiny 4-room flat, what's it like?

I suppose the biggest adjustment to make is really taking the lifts, especially since our lift only stops on the 6th and 11th floor. And it will only be upgraded by end of next year, so it means I have to be really really careful to remember everything whenever I walk from car to flat and back.

This also led me to an interesting observation about my neighbours. When I get into the lift to go up, more often than not if there is someone already in the lift, they don't bother to ask which floor I want to go to. They just press both 6 and 11. It works pretty well if they get off on the 6th floor, but sometimes they get off on 11 with me, and so the lift stops at 6 for no reason.

This type of behaviour leads me to wonder if there is something so shy about Singaporeans that they just can't just open their mouths to ask what floor I want?

Oh, and people still pee in the lifts.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You're alive!

Finally been beaten by the owner of the pink console?

Anonymous said...

ewww!! and haha... the lift thing reminded me of an episode... I will go update now.

joyous81 said...

the owner of the pink console rocks bomberman!!! hehehe... blog more hubby. :)

Emay said...

well, not all lifts get pee-ed in. make conversation and get to know your neighbours... when they know you and which floor u're on, then they won't second guess u. =)

take it from someone who has lived in an HDB blk all her life.