Over Chinese New Year, I finally found the time to update all my investing records for the past 18 months. The trading has been so fast and furious, especially the last 6 months, I really lost track of my progress. Now I finally know how much money I've lost. Interestingly enough, it wasn't all that bad.
From the time I started investing in 2005 until now, I still have a slight net profit. So I actually could smile.
More interestingly, I realised that 2/3 of my losses came from my two financial managers. Considering that they manage less than half my assets, that's pretty damn pathetic! They weren't making as much money as me in the good times either ... so I thought they were risk averse and would weather the downturn when it finally came. They were supposed to be my hedge against my own brashness and inexperience!
Ok, no more money for them. I guess I shall be going solo from now on. And looks like pretty exciting times to come :)
I also realised that the lions share of my profits really came from investing in mutual funds. I invest mainly in country funds based on my understanding of geopolitical events. It's how I first started investing, and it looks like it is still the most profitable. So for the next few years, my money is on China, India, Vietnam and Australia.
It's been a bumpy ride, I hope we take off soon!
Monday, February 09, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment