Sunday, July 10, 2005

nights out

Today, instead of thoughts and feelings, I shall blog about food and drink.

Someone commented that I know a lot of places. I never thought much about it but I guess since I trade hangouts with a lot of friends, I've amassed a fair bit of experience. So I shall list some of my all-time favourite lesser-known places here.

Food
Via Mare (Spanish) - Good tapas and cheap wine
Mai Vietnamese (Vietnamese) - Best Pho and lots of other stuff
Bottletree Village (Seafood) - Ok food, chill ambience
Pow Sing (Hainanese) - Just great food all round
Cafe Iguana (Mexican) - Great food and cheap margaritas

Drink
Wine Bos - Great wines at low prices
Hideout - Great ambience and music, occasional live acts
Morton's Bar - Delectable Mortinis and steak sandwiches at happy hour

Dance
Cocco Latte (Hip Hop) - Good music, not as claustrophobic as other such haunts
Insomnia (Top 40) - Great live acts, very casual crowd

2 comments:

Leonard said...

didnt know coco latte was considered as "non-claustrophobic".. or that i havent been there in ages.. i remember it to be jam packed... or business has gone down the drain for them...

paddychicken said...

Well, if you compare it to Phuture and Liquid Room, you have some space to move your arms instead of doing the sardine dance.