Sunday, September 24, 2006

english and singlish

At church today, a friend wanted to interview me about English for her school project. She asked all sorts of questions, which were mostly permutations of what is good English and what is bad Singlish. Together with my two sisters, we had jolly good fun coming up with one-liners for her questions. Here are two of my favourites:

Qn: Where can you find good English?
Ans: Where the dress code is above smart casual.

Qn: What is bad Singlish?
Ans: When you can't differentiate when to use lah, loh, mah, orh or not at all.

I want to blog about how sad I am that the GEP has finally been shut down.
I want to verbalise my thoughts on why it is important to continue to work hard for the country, even though for many of us we could easily settle for lower (but still decent) pay and much better hours.
But I just have no time these days.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

haha. Ridiculous isn't it? I question why we slog like dogs daily. I was surprised to exit Mindeath before sunset today! Come on!