Wikipedia is a great way to pass lull time, or just want to be distracted from whatever you are supposed to be working on. And much as I am always accused of not being able to multitask, I was recently quite successful at doing my assigned HBS readings on human resource management, during my computer lab cracking linux and windows passwords and learning various security features, all the while catching up old storylines from my childhood. Here are a couple for anyone else who would like to procrastinate:
Some interesting facts I discovered:
- There are so many Transformers cartoons I haven't watched
- The Silverhawks were space-age Thundercats
- G.I. Joe was meant to be the Barbie doll for boys
- The Smurfs were a spinoff from another French series, "Johan & Pirlouit"
- Care Bears started life as greeting cards illustrations
- M.A.S.K. was meant to be a hybrid of the successful Transformers and G.I. Joe series
- He-Man was originally a wandering barbarian before they decided to make him a prince
Somehow they don't make cartoons like they used to.
1 comment:
Apparently Wikipedia isn't very accurate. Eric Bishoff, a pro-wrestling icon, googled his own name and found out that his birthday had been different from what he always remembered it to be among other inaccurate stuff.
Post a Comment