It's that time of the night when everything seems just a little bit funnier even though my eyes ache. Yet I'm driven on by the cravings for sugared drinks and an overactive brain that refuses to rest, even though my body is physically shutting down. It's almost 1 am. I'm old, I know.
Lately the fiance is busying herself with wedding packages, wedding gowns and wedding photography. Always the practical one, my job is to continue the unromantic task of finding a roof over our heads. But lately I've started giving some thought to wedding videos, and a recent post by syntaxfree jolted me to the sudden realisation that we have a potential problem on our hands. What will the wedding music be like?
The problem, of course, is that we are both quite passionate about music. But we are passionate about rather different music. I, for one, cannot imagine a wedding to bubblegummy pop tunes like Daniel Beddingfield or James Blunt that seem to be the rage these days. I suppose they have lyrics that superficially fit the occasion, but somehow I would just get goosebumps. Maybe they are too overplayed, or just too fake.
I could imagine a rock theme, with Always by Bon Jovi or Cloud Number Nine by Bryan Adams. Or perhaps a country theme with Little Moments by Brad Paisley or My Front Porch Looking In by Lone Star. Or I could just take the entire X&Y album from Coldplay. Or some haunting ballads like Eternity, No Regrets or She's The One from Robbie Williams. Or chillout music like Basia's Angels Blush and Tori Amos' A Sorta Fairytale. But somehow I don't think she'd agree to any of the above.
She'd probably want to do something in grand baroque style, and certainly find a prominent place for Pachelbel's Canon in D. Lots of instrumentals and piano music. And she's definitely big on the soppy love ballads. But as long as she doesn't play her new favourite song, Listen by Beyonce, I guess I could get by.
Trawling through my 15GB music collection, I realise one disturbing fact. I like sad music; and sad music doesn't really go with weddings. A psychology major once pointed that out to me in college. She said hanging out in my room with my music was making her depressed. Maybe I shouldn't be picking the soundtrack.
But there's one song I would definitely want in, to which I think there would be no objection. Jason Mraz's Bella Luna. I just can't figure out where to use it.
Saturday, March 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
errr if u need music for ur wedding, there's a link which i got from class95 like weeks ago.
u can try http://www.styleweddings.sg/cms/articlenew.aspx?Editorial_Id=335&SubCatId=&EP=Y
it my secret collection just in case i need them in the future :P
oh well...i hope this is useful :P
opps, too long
try here
Post a Comment