I was parking the car when a van pulled up beside me.
"Brother, got a minute to spare or not brother? Brother, I got a good deal for you..."
My new "brother" then proceeded to explain to me how he is a deliveryman for Audio Avantgarde, and he had just received a shipment from the dock. Instead of getting 7 sets of Accusound systems, they had mistakenly given him 11 instead. So now he had 4 extra sets and even though he tried his best to return it, it was not possible. So he was offering to sell me a set at dirt cheap prices.
He seemed very concerned to convince me the goods were not stolen. He showed me the receipt for the delivery he had taken. He showed me warranty cards, registration cards, and even offered to let me make a photocopy of his IC. He even showed me a magazine to prove that Accusound is a really good sound system company.
It all sounded really good especially since I really want a good sound system to outfit the new flat. Sound is very important to me, and of course I'd hate to pass up a good deal. But he was just too smooth, and he had too much supporting documents on hand to support his claim that this was a chance opportunity. And it's not like I desperately need a sound system, or that I even need to save money on it - it's not worth risking breaking the law. So finally I just waved him off.
I guess I'll never know if the systems were real, or if it was illegal at all. But I can't find any company called Audio Avantgarde, even though he had a nice t-shirt with the logo on it. My dad says such ploy are pretty common, especially in public carparks, so I'm quite glad I didn't do it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hmm... definitely sounded too good to be true...
Interesting, this is exactly what happened to me ... right down to the beer money.
http://forums.hardwarezone.com/showthread.php?t=922055
Post a Comment