Wednesday, October 05, 2005

blast from the past

I just finished copying my DVD backups to my external hard drive. This makes it quicker and easier to access documents and photos from the last 8 years of my life. It's scary to think how long I have been accumulating this stuff ... it's a good thing I don't collect movies. I also have a backup of my very first blog, which was so archaic I actually ran it off my own web server and updated the html manually. Back then I was much more creative and passionate about life... I think you can see how the writing style has changed.

This entry was written one fine day in the library during exam week.

I've found a scientific reason for my lack of progress. It all boils down to Maslow's Heirarchy of Needs.

At the base of the pyramid we have the huge and most important bar which is some long P-word but most importantly it means food. Since I'm always hungry, it is impossible to surmount this barrier, how then can I progress up the pyramid to such abstract concepts like self-actualization which is the closest I can think of to 'mug-in-the-library'. I spend more time at Wawa, Dunkin Donuts or New Deck than in the library methinks. And eventually if I do eat enough, I can progress one step up the pyramid; it's probably labelled 'sleep' or 'food coma' but being a poor student I don't really remember. Moving up even higher is probably 'reply e-mail', followed by 'update website', so as you can see I'm gradually progressing but before I reach the top I'll probably find myself succumbing to the more important primal instincts again. It's like snakes and ladders.

On a side not, Dunkin Donuts is selling 3 donuts for 99 cents now. So happy.

Sigh, re-reading all my old entries makes me really really nostalgic for school!

3 comments:

pearlywhirls said...

aww how cute is that - lil' paddy musing abt donuts in the library. hahahaha so young & nerdy.

actually your past blast brings back sweet memories of my own too. mostly of me mugging away in b/w 2-bite brownies. YUMS.

The Rust said...

What is a paddychicken?

shadow said...

a sweet chicken or a kermit. preferably found in my porridge in Geylang...