Sunday, August 27, 2006

18 km

The Army Half Marathon
3 km left to go
Body is shutting down,
Knees are in agony
To my left and right,
I see people by the wayside
He is nursing a cramp
She is lying on the grass
Our eyes meet
How I would love to be in that position
How she would love to be in mine
But I wouldn't trade places for an instant
3 km left to go.

6 comments:

The Rust said...

running 21K and u can think of poem? wah lao. I can only think of army songs at best...

paddychicken said...

well, i had Linkin Park, Coldplay and Bon Jovi to do the singing for me

Anonymous said...

blasted humidity and traffic. Was *that* close to going below 2hrs.

Sigh. I think I'll try for the Standard Chartered marathon. Its motivation enough to still exercise
Join me?

pearlywhirls said...

nice! i HAD to come read for myself, even if it means staying up that bit longer :)

think its simple, easy to understand and personal. see, poetry isnt that bad. hope youve recovered, we shd hang out soon! been awhile...

paddychicken said...

anon:
I could consider another 21 km, NOT 42 km. But only if it starts at a decent hour.

I'm just annoyed at having to fight my way through the crowd. Would like to know what my timing really should be.

pearl:
i think it's called blank verse?

Anonymous said...

would start at same ridiculous hour lah. 18km this saturday?