Thursday, July 27, 2006

music mania

The last time I bought CDs, a friend commented he was shocked at how much I was paying for them at HMV. Since he actually recognised my She Wants Revenge when I pulled it out of a case, I decided he knew his stuff, at least as far as my genres are concerned. He told me to go check out Djangos, so I did. And it is great!

Selections Total Shipping
Bloc Party : Silent Alarm$10.12$0.00
Vienna Teng : Warm Strangers$13.24$0.00
Arcade Fire : Funeral$11.68$0.00
Broken Social Scene : You Forgot It in People [Alternate Cover]$10.13$0.00
Secret Machines : Ten Silver Drops$12.46$0.00
Sonic Youth : Rather Ripped$10.88$0.00
Keane : Under the Iron Sea$10.88$0.00

Granted that the prices are in USD (I think it's currently about 1.6x), but this is still a marvelous deal! Especially for CDs that would cost S$25, or CDs you might not even be able to get in Singapore. And I can't even get Vienna Teng on Bit Torrent! For more mainstream stuff like Robbie Williams, I would probably wait till they bring in the China parallel import. (Hmm I wonder if they listen to Athlete in China?) And this is the best part:

Purchase $25 or more (NEW only) and standard shipping is FREE! Worldwide!
(And until 31 July, even 2nd hand CDs ship for free. See here.)

Woo hoo, shopping time! (I only buy music, but they actually do movies too.)

PS: If anyone else decides to go shopping, please include my email address paddychicken@gmail.com in the referral field when you place your order :)

PPS: If you see a CD on the list that you recommended, you know I like it! Thanks!

3 comments:

paddychicken said...

But the whole point of buying it is so that I can own a legal copy! If you are going to sell them off, you might as well download, why buy them in the first place?

The Rust said...

But if u sell your car, someone else buys it as a second hand car, not an illegal copy of your car?

If you're gonna buy a 2nd hand car, might as well take public transport? haha..

eternal bough said...

that website is fantastic. ever since some unknown person left the link on my blog when I was whining about not being able to find some old cds. I have been buying from that site. you can get really good price for second hand cds and dvds. found all the old pulp cds there and aztec camera.